Oh, hey! Are you a student of QC Makeup Academy – or thinking of enrolling? Maybe you’re a brand-new graduate who just got their internationally-recognized certification, but don’t know what your next step should be? Or perhaps you have dreams of launching your very own business in the beauty industry and have no idea where to start?
Either way, you’ve come to the right place!
In this ULTIMATE Master List, we’ll provide you with ALL our top recommended, in-house blog resources. These resources will cover virtually everything you need to know, whether you’re a QC student or a certified MUA in need of some career advice. Simply bookmark this list and refer back to it whenever you need it!
So, on that note, let’s get started!
Before We Dive In, Have You Joined QC Makeup Academy’s Virtual Classroom Yet?
Did you know that as soon as you enroll with QC Makeup Academy, you’re automatically eligible to become a member of our private Virtual Classroom on Facebook? It’s true!
In this exclusive group, you can:
- Connect and network with other QC students and graduates;
- Post your work and get constructive feedback that’ll help you grow as an artist;
- Get any questions you may have answered by our awesome staff, as well as our amazing Peer Mentor(s);
- Discuss the beauty industry and gain invaluable insights into what YOU can expect once you launch your career;
- Get all sorts of helpful business/career tips and tricks;
- And MUCH more!
Alright, now let’s get to the good stuff! If you’re thinking of enrolling with QC Makeup Academy, or you’re already a student, these blog resources are for YOU!
If You’re Thinking of Enrolling with QC Makeup Academy
- Is Makeup Training Worth it for an Established MUA?
- How to Choose the Best Online Makeup School
- What are the BEST Online Makeup Courses?
- Why YouTube Tutorials Aren’t the Same as Makeup Classes Online
- Don’t Be Fooled by These 6 Shady Online Makeup School Tricks!
- Why Choose QC
- How It Works as a QC Student
- The Student Experience at QC
- Meet QC’s Tutors
- QC Makeup Academy’s Frequently Asked Questions
- 5 Reasons Why QC Makeup Academy is the BEST School of Makeup
- Online Classes Changed My Life… and Here’s Why!
- Why I Enrolled in Makeup Artist Courses as a Licensed Cosmetologist [VIDEO]
- How to Find the Best Online Makeup Course for YOU
- 3 Ways Online Makeup Classes are the Same as In-Person Ones (and 3 Ways They’re BETTER)
- 5 Perks You’ll Only Find Through Online Makeup School [VIDEO]
- I Thought I Couldn’t Learn to Do Makeup Online… I Was Wrong!
- I Used to Teach at a Brick-and-Mortar School
If You’re Already a QC Student
- Student Resources
- Makeup Discounts You Can Get Through QC
- Every Makeup Product You’ll Need to Complete Your Makeup Course
- How to Stay Motivated During Your Makeup Classes
- How to Pass Your Makeup Artist Classes with Flying Colors
- A Sample Study Plan for Your Online Makeup Course
- How to Use the 16 Brushes in Your Free QC Makeup Kit
- 3 Mistakes to AVOID in Your Makeup Classes if You Want to Be Successful in the Industry
- How to Become a Makeup Artist: The Importance of Constructive Criticism
- Why a Business Class is Essential to Your Makeup Career [VIDEO]
- Time Management Hacks for Taking Makeup Classes Online While Balancing a Busy Life
- Must-Have Products for Your Global Makeup Course
- How to Take Makeup Training Courses while Still in High School (or College)
- Must-Have Comfort Items for Home Study Makeup Courses
- How to Take Multiple Courses at a Makeup School Online
- How I Balance My Full-Time Job and Online Makeup Course
- Becoming a Makeup Artist as a Busy Mom [VIDEO]
- Becoming a Makeup Artist as a Parent of Special Needs Children [VIDEO]
- Want to Start Working ASAP? Here’s How to Fast-Track Your Makeup Training!
- 5 Reasons Why Continued Makeup Artist Training is Critical!
General Business & Career Resources
Want to start your own business in the beauty industry? Need some general career advice? Then this next section is for you!
- The 16 Most Profitable Careers in Makeup Artistry
- Starting a Small Business? You’ll Need Their Help!
- 6 Business Startup Tips
- Makeup Artists vs. Cosmetologists
- 7 Things I Wish I’d Known Before Starting a Career in Makeup Artistry
- Changing Careers: Becoming a Makeup Artist as a Second Career
- 3 Sure-Fire Ways to Boost Your Makeup Career
- Balancing Your Kids and Your Career as a Makeup Artist
- How to Balance Your Day Job and Your Makeup Career
- 7 Ways NOT to Start Your Career in Makeup Artistry
- Building the Confidence to Start Your Makeup Artistry Career
- Researching New Career Opportunities
- How to Start a Beauty Blog
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Beauty Vlogging
- 11 Guaranteed Ways to Get CANCELLED as a Beauty Influencer
- 15 Bad Business Habits to Ditch ASAP
- The 3 Best Online Tools to Market Your Business at a Low Price
- Tips for Building a Terrible Website
Makeup Artistry Resources
If you’re enrolled in (or a graduate of) any of QC Makeup Academy’s self-paced, online makeup programs, you’ll more than likely benefit from this section! So, give this list a look-over… There’s probably at least ONE article in here that’ll catch your eye!
How To Guides:
- Become a Makeup Artist (Ultimate Guide)
- Start a Makeup Business
- Build a Makeup Artistry Portfolio
- Connect with Photographers
- Work on Photoshoots
- Brand Your Makeup Business
- Find a Niche for Your Makeup Business
- Get Clients as a Makeup Artist
- Showcase Your Makeup Portfolio on Your Website
- Boost Revenue for Your Makeup Business
- Go Viral on TikTok as a Makeup Artist
- Become a Professional Makeup Artist While Holding a Full-Time Job
- Become a Makeup Artist as a Stay-at-Home Mom
- Deal with Anxiety as a Makeup Artist
- Become a Freelance Makeup Artist in as Little as 2 Months
- Be a Makeup Artist When You’re Introverted
- Write a Makeup Artist Contract
- Handle Negative Reviews of Your Makeup Business
- Get Freelance Makeup Artist Jobs
- Price Your Makeup Services [VIDEO]
- Price Yourself as a Freelance Makeup Artist
- Become a Makeup Artist in a Small Town
- Become a Makeup Artist on a Budget
Business & Career Resources for Makeup Artists:
- A Day in the Life of a Makeup Artist
- 5 Obvious Signs You Should Start Your Own Makeup Business
- The Pros and Cons of Working as a Makeup Artist
- The Basic Skills EVERY Makeup Artist Should Know
- My Top 3 Tips to Starting Your Own Makeup Business
- How Much Should You Charge for Your Makeup Artistry Services?
- Makeup Artist Salary
- 6 Niches That’ll Increase Your Makeup Artist Salary
- 6 Ways to Find Makeup Jobs as a Beginner
- The Most Profitable Services to Offer as a Makeup Artist
- The Ultimate List of DO’S and DON’TS for Makeup Artist Jobs!
- 6 Ways to Make the Best Impression During Makeup Artist Jobs
- 12 Reasons to Invest in Makeup Artist Insurance
- Running a Makeup Business: Expectation vs. Reality
- 15 Best Tips to Market Your Makeup Business
- 15 Tips to Grow Your Makeup Business
- 34 of the Best Tools to Grow Your Makeup Business
- 4 Business Choices That’ll Hurt Your Makeup Artist Salary
- 5 Rules for Naming Your Makeup Business
- 3 Ways to Retain Long-Term Clients for Your Makeup Business
- What NOT to Do When Running Your Own Makeup Business
- 18 Secrets to Makeup Photography Success
- What NOT to Do in Your Editorial Makeup Portfolio
- Avoid These 4 Rookie Mistakes in Your Makeup Portfolio
- The 6 Best Ways to Market Your Makeup Portfolio
- 5 Looks EVERY Makeup Artist Should Have in Their Portfolio
- Why Other Makeup Artists are Your Friends, Not Enemies!
- How Stylized Photoshoots Can Increase Your Makeup Artist Salary
- Get Your Dream Job: Networking for Makeup Artists
- Social Media for the Freelance Makeup Artist
- The Busy Makeup Artist’s Guide to Social Media: Where Should You Focus?
- 8 Items You DON’T Need in Your Professional Makeup Kit
- Products + Tools You Absolutely NEED in Your Professional Makeup Kit
Business & Career Resources for Skincare Consultants:
- Skincare Consultant vs. Dermatologist Part One: What’s a Dermatologist?
- Skincare Consultant vs. Dermatologist Part Two: What’s a Skincare Consultant?
- What Skincare Career Paths are Out There?
- How Much Should You Charge as a Skincare Consultant?
- 10 Steps to Understanding Skincare Labels and Ingredients
- 14 Skin Conditions You’ll See as a Skincare Consultant
- 25 Top Tips to Grow a Skincare Business
- 28 of the Best Tools to Grow Your Skincare Business
- The Power of Skincare: How 5 Ingredients Can Transform Your Business [WEBINAR]
- The Power of Skincare: Dealing with Oily Skin [WEBINAR]
- How QC’s Skincare Course Helped Me Become a Better Makeup Artist
- Working with Men and Building Your Skincare Kit
Additional Beauty Industry Resources
Special FX Makeup:
- QC Makeup Academy’s Special FX Makeup Course
- Makeup Artist Salary vs. Special Effects Makeup Artist Salary
- 5 Special Effects Makeup Jobs You Didn’t Know About
- Special Effects Makeup for Beginners: 5 Best Ways to Start Learning
- 10 Ways Special Effects Training Makes You a Better Makeup Artist
- Special Effects Makeup for Film
- Special Effects Makeup: Don’t Commit These 4 Sins!
- How to Create a Special Effects Character Look From a Script
- 4 Questions I Always Ask My Special Effects Clients
- 4 Holy Grail Products for Your Halloween Special Effects Makeup Kit
- 5 Special Effects Makeup Products That Suck
- How to Build Your Special Effects Makeup Kit for Cheap
- What Should I Include in My Special FX Makeup Portfolio?
- Special Effects Makeup Hacks That Won’t Break the Bank
- Pricing Your Bridal Makeup Services: Flat Rate vs. Hourly
- What Brides Look for in a Makeup Artist
- 3 Must-Have Items in My Bridal Makeup Kit
- How to Create a Makeup Palette for Bridal Appointments
- Changing Makeup Careers: From Beauty Counter to Bridal
- 9 Emergency Products to Rescue Bridal Makeup Artists
- Building Your Bridal Makeup Kit: Primers
- Bridal Makeup: To Airbrush or Not to Airbrush?
- QC Makeup Academy’s Airbrush Makeup Workshop
- Airbrush Makeup vs. Regular Makeup: Which is Better?
- The Top 10 Pros and Cons of Airbrush Makeup
- Airbrush Makeup: Safety and Etiquette 101
- 5 Surprising Career Paths for Airbrush Makeup Artists
- 4 SFX Airbrush Makeup Techniques to WOW Clients!
- 6 Awesome Things You Can Do with Airbrush Makeup
- Is Airbrush Makeup Worth Learning as a Professional MUA?
- Build Your Airbrush Makeup Kit (Without Blowing Your Budget!)
Global Beauty Makeup:
- QC Makeup Academy’s Global Beauty Workshop
- The Importance of Global Beauty for Your Makeup Career
- Why You Should Take a Makeup Artist Class in Global Beauty
- Why I’m Taking QC’s Global Beauty Workshop
- Must-Have Products for Your Global Makeup Course
- 4 Things You Can Do with a Global Beauty Certificate
- QC Makeup Academy’s Hair Styling Essentials Course
- Hair Styling vs. Hair Dressing: A Breakdown
- How to Become a Professional Hair Stylist: A Step-by-Step Guide
- 40 Frequently Asked Questions for Hair Stylists (and Their Answers)
- The 4 Most Popular Jobs for Hair Stylists
- 5 Unique Careers for Professional Hair Stylists
- The Top 7 Must-Have Hair Styling Tools for Your Business
- Why Every Makeup Artist Should Learn Hair Styling
- How to Add Hair Styling to Your Makeup Business
- 4 Reasons Why You SHOULDN’T Add Hair Styling to Your Makeup Business
- QC Makeup Academy’s Fashion Styling Course
- How to Become a Fashion Stylist
- How Much Do Personal Fashion Stylists Cost?
- 5 Popular Fashion Styling Jobs
- Why Fashion Styling Services will Help Your Makeup Artist Training
- 3 Critical Questions to Ask Fashion Styling Clients During the Consultation
- 4 Reasons Why People Hesitate to Enter the Fashion Industry
- Help! Where Do I Find Fashion Clients?
Reach Out to Our Awesome Student Support Team!
Furthermore, don’t forget that whether you’re thinking of enrolling with QC Makeup Academy, or are already a student or alumnus, our wonderful Student Support Team is ALWAYS happy to help – however they can! Specifically, they’re available Monday through Friday (between 9am and 5pm EST) via phone, email, and live chat.
If you have any questions for them, here are all of their contact details. Don’t hesitate to reach out!
Got Any Comments or Questions?
Drop them down below! We always love to hear from you!
What’s more – if you have any blog topics that you’d like to read about, but didn’t see on this list, feel free to let us know. We’re always happy to hear your feedback and get inspiration for future articles!
Thanks for reading!