Pay In Full
Hair Styling Essentials
$1148 or $111/mo
The demand for makeup artists who also know how to style hair is ever growing. We created our Hair Styling Essentials course so we could help makeup artists gain an edge in the beauty industry. You’ll learn how to create the exact styles that brides, producers and creative directors are looking for.
Celebrity hair stylist, Laurie Vukich, will walk you through over 30 styling techniques. With over 100 film and television shows under her belt coupled with a tremendous passion for hair, Laurie is the ideal instructor for this course.
This course is a great choice for you if
- You’re interested in starting a career in hair styling.
- You’re a makeup artist and you’d like to learn a complementary skill.
- You’d like to learn how to style your own hair.
- You’ve gone to cosmetology school and you’re eager to learn more.
Certificate of Completion
Hair styling Essentials Certificate
Our Hair Styling Essentials certification is issued to graduates of the course. This certificate demonstrates completion of comprehensive training in both the theoretical and practical components of hair styling.
How You Learn
- You study in the comfort of your home
- We send you all the DVDs, course texts, and course guides you’ll need
- You watch instructional videos
- You read beautiful full-color course texts on makeup theory and practice
- You complete fun and practical hands-on assignments
- You upload your work to the Online Student Center
- Your personal tutor evaluates your work and provides personalized audio feedback
- On course completion, you’ll receive a certificate of completion.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- The origins of hair styling
- The client consultation process
- Proper client etiquette
- The importance of safety and hygiene
- The anatomy of the head and hair
- How to prevent cuticle damage
- Styling products and tools
- Blow drying techniques
- How to create volume
- Curling with rollers and hot tools
- Waving the hair
- Straightening the hair
- Working with accessories
- Finger waving
- Pin curls
- Braiding techniques
- Bridal updos
- Working with hair extensions
- Male styling and grooming
- Researching period styles
- Styles from the 1840s and 1880s
- The Gibson Girl look
- Victory Rolls
- A Marilyn Monroe look
- The bouffant
- The 1980s faux hawk
- Choosing a name for your business
- Developing a business plan
- Choosing insurance
- Developing promotional materials
- Marketing your business
- Running a styled shoot
Hair Styling Starter Kit
Available For a Limited Time Only!
You’ll receive a beautiful interchangeable curling wand custom designed for this course. The wand comes with 5 different barrels, all in varying widths, and you can also adjust the temperature for different hair types. Create countless looks with this versatile wand. As an added bonus, you’ll also receive a silicone mat, perfect for resting your wand on as you work.
Styling for the Red Carpet with Tena Parker
We are thrilled to provide you with bonus video tutorials featuring celebrity stylist, Tena Parker. Her experience in film and television includes works such as My Sister’s Keeper, How I Met Your Mother, and Glee.
In this bonus DVD, Tena shares her styling secrets including where she draws her inspiration from and how she ensures that every client who sits in her chair walks away happy. You’ll also witness first hand why she was given the nickname “Tornado Tena”.