Everything You Need for a Better Income!
New to the beauty industry and want a better idea of the sort of makeup artist salary you can make? Look no further!
The following resources will teach you everything you need to know about average incomes, impacting factors, mistakes to avoid, and more!
The Makeup Artist Salary 101
The following blog articles break down the typical incomes for an MUA, based on location and past yearly averages. Refer to these blogs to get a comprehensive understanding of past salary figures, so you can better understand the kind of money you can make going forward!
“QC Makeup Academy is the best decision I’ve ever made!”
They are professional and answer all of your questions. Moreover, they have courses for beginners and advanced MUAs! The payment plans are affordable and you get everything you need to start your course, plus a starter makeup kit. QC’s tutors take their time to give personal feedback and encourage you to do your best. Also, you can join their Virtual Classroom on Facebook, where you can share your questions and work with the QC Makeup Academy community. I totally recommend this online makeup school!
MIMP, ISCP, ISMP, Pro Makeup Workshop graduate
Important Factors That’ll Impact Your Makeup Artist Salary
The reality is, two makeup artists living in the same city can make two completely different salaries. Why? Because there are so many additional factors to be considered! For example, your education, location, proactivity, and reputation will all heavily affect your ability to book regular clients and better your bottom line.
Here are some useful resources to keep in mind when it comes to all of the external factors impacting your makeup artist salary:
Will a Makeup Certification Boost Your Salary?
Learning makeup artistry is no easy feat—so be proud of your skills and keep your techniques on point! Here are just a few of the ways your certification will raise your MUA salary…
Ways to Increase Your Makeup Artist Salary
Getting a raise is exciting no matter your career. Makeup artists can actually create ways of increasing their salaries. Even if you don’t see immediate profit, MUAs can do things to benefit their salaries over time…
How to Price Your Makeup Artist Services
So how can you figure out the best pricing for your business that will help you attract new clients while staying competitive? Well, here are a few tips and tricks to get you started in the right direction…
- How to Become a Makeup Artist in a Small Town
- How Stylized Photoshoots Can Increase Your Makeup Artist Salary
- Learn How to Brand Yourself with Professional Makeup Training
- 6 Niches That’ll Increase Your Makeup Artist Salary
- The Secret to a Thriving Makeup Career – Event During COVID-19!
- How to Become a Makeup Artist During COVID-19: 5 Ways to Get Your Name Out There!
- How I’ve Found Makeup Jobs During a Global Pandemic
- How to Land Your First Client
- How I Find Makeup Artistry Clients
- 3 Ways to Retain Long-Term Clients for Your Makeup Business
- Get Your Dream Job: Networking for Makeup Artists
- How to Stay Ahead of the Competition
- Best Practices for Good Client Communication
- The 6 Best Ways to Market Your Makeup Portfolio
- Building Your Makeup Portfolio During COVID-19
- How to Showcase Your Makeup Portfolio on Your Website!
- A Small Business Owner’s Guide to Marketing
- Social Media for Business: Do’s and Don’ts
- The Busy Makeup Artist’s Guide to Social Media: Where Should You Focus?
- Social Media for The Freelance Makeup Artist
- Boost Your Makeup Artist Salary with These 5 Online Services!
- How to Start a Beauty Blog
“I am so impressed with this program. Where to start…”
As a former high school English teacher, I am so appreciative of the quality of writing in the guidebooks. It is intelligent, descriptive, clear, and thoughtful. As a woman, I love how the goal is to highlight the beauty existing in all people already, NOT to hide or transform. This point is made early and often. The feedback is super timely, personalized, kind, and honest. The makeup kit is complete and of high quality, and the videos and lessons are enjoyable to watch/read. I must admit, I had no idea that the world of makeup artistry was so full of detail, science, and careful pride. I tried to fit in a unit while multitasking and momming! Lesson learned. I’m humbled, and looking forward to giving my all and seeing where this program takes me.”
Master Makeup Artistry student
Boosting Your Salary with Specialized Services
As a beauty professional, there are tons of additional services your business can offer that’ll help attract a wider clientele, increase your bookings, and boost your overall makeup artist salary! Below are just a handful of suggestions for your consideration:
Which Makeup Jobs have the Highest Salary?
Though there are many different avenues you can explore, we’ve put together a list of 4 of the highest paying jobs you can have as a makeup artist, as well as additional factors worth considering…
The Pros and Cons of Freelance Makeup
Even though there are a variety of different freelance makeup artist jobs out there, they all have the same benefits and disadvantages. We’ll explore 5 of the most common pros & cons of being a freelance makeup artist.
Makeup Artist Salary VS. Special FX Makeup Salary
Though money may not be the most important to you when you’re pursuing your passion, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t care if you can earn a living wage. Here’s how much you can expect to earn as a makeup artist and as a special effects artist…
- Airbrush Makeup vs. Regular Makeup: Which is Better?
- 4 Reasons to Add Airbrush Makeup to Your Career
- Why Every Makeup Artist Should Learn Hair Styling
- The 4 Most Popular Jobs for Hair Stylists
- Why Fashion Styling Services Will Help Your Makeup Artist Training
- 5 Popular Fashion Styling Jobs
- Why You Should Take a Makeup Artist Class in Global Beauty
- Why YOU Should Take QC’s Virtual Makeup Training Course
- Becoming a Skincare Consultant
- How QC’s Skincare Course Helped Me Become a Better Makeup Artist!
- How QC’s Pro Makeup Workshop Accelerated My Makeup Career
- Your Online Makeup Artist Certification: Bridal Makeup
- Master Makeup Artistry Course Sample: Editorial Makeup
- Master Makeup Artistry Course Sample: Theatrical Makeup
- Special Effects Makeup for Film
- The Differences Between Film and Stage Makeup
QC Student Reviews
Check out even more raving reviews for QC Makeup Academy on our Facebook Page! Read hundreds of 5-star reviews from students and graduates.
Online Makeup Courses
Want to learn more about QC’s wide variety of certification courses? Choose the program that’s best for YOU and start your training today!
Course Decision Guide
Not sure which makeup artist course YOU should take in order to build your skill-set and boost your salary? Visit the course decision page to discover which course is the best fit!
Mistakes to Avoid
Now that you know what you should be doing, let’s take a look at what shouldn’t be done!
- 4 Business Choices That’ll Hurt Your Makeup Artist Salary
- 5 Mistakes That’ll Decrease Your Makeup Artist Salary
- Is Glamsquad Killing Your Makeup Artist’s Salary?
- What NOT TO Do When Running Your Own Makeup Business
- The Ultimate List of DOS and DON’TS for Makeup Artist Jobs!
- 8 Sins You Shouldn’t Commit During Makeup Jobs!
- 3 Mistakes to AVOID in Your Makeup Classes if You Want to Be Successful in the Industry
- Avoid These 4 Rookie Mistakes in Your Makeup Portfolio
- 5 Mistakes Everyone Made Before Makeup School
- Makeup Business Names and Logos: Mistakes to Avoid
- Top Mistakes You Can Make When Becoming a Makeup Artist
- The Worst Mistakes You Can Make in an Interview
- How to Become a Makeup Artist: The Importance of Constructive Criticism