Everything You Need for a Better Income!
New to the beauty industry and want a better idea of the sort of makeup artist salary you can make? Look no further!
The following resources will teach you everything you need to know about average incomes, impacting factors, mistakes to avoid, and more!
The Makeup Artist Salary 101
The following blog articles break down the typical incomes for an MUA, based on location and past yearly averages. Refer to these blogs to get a comprehensive understanding of past salary figures, so you can better understand the kind of money you can make going forward!
“QC Makeup Academy is the best decision I’ve ever made!”
They are professional and answer all of your questions. Moreover, they have courses for beginners and advanced MUAs! The payment plans are affordable and you get everything you need to start your course, plus a starter makeup kit. QC’s tutors take their time to give personal feedback and encourage you to do your best. Also, you can join their Virtual Classroom on Facebook, where you can share your questions and work with the QC Makeup Academy community. I totally recommend this online makeup school!
MIMP, ISCP, ISMP, Pro Makeup Workshop graduate
Important Factors That’ll Impact Your Makeup Artist Salary
The reality is, two makeup artists living in the same city can make two completely different salaries. Why? Because there are so many additional factors to be considered! For example, your education, location, proactivity, and reputation will all heavily affect your ability to book regular clients and better your bottom line.
Here are some useful resources to keep in mind when it comes to all of the external factors impacting your makeup artist salary:
“I am so impressed with this program. Where to start…”
As a former high school English teacher, I am so appreciative of the quality of writing in the guidebooks. It is intelligent, descriptive, clear, and thoughtful. As a woman, I love how the goal is to highlight the beauty existing in all people already, NOT to hide or transform. This point is made early and often. The feedback is super timely, personalized, kind, and honest. The makeup kit is complete and of high quality, and the videos and lessons are enjoyable to watch/read. I must admit, I had no idea that the world of makeup artistry was so full of detail, science, and careful pride. I tried to fit in a unit while multitasking and momming! Lesson learned. I’m humbled, and looking forward to giving my all and seeing where this program takes me.”
Master Makeup Artistry student
Boosting Your Salary with Specialized Services
As a beauty professional, there are tons of additional services your business can offer that’ll help attract a wider clientele, increase your bookings, and boost your overall makeup artist salary! Below are just a handful of suggestions for your consideration:
Mistakes to Avoid
Now that you know what you should be doing, let’s take a look at what shouldn’t be done!
- 4 Business Choices That’ll Hurt Your Makeup Artist Salary
- 5 Mistakes That’ll Decrease Your Makeup Artist Salary
- Is Glamsquad Killing Your Makeup Artist’s Salary?
- What NOT TO Do When Running Your Own Makeup Business
- The Ultimate List of DOS and DON’TS for Makeup Artist Jobs!
- 8 Sins You Shouldn’t Commit During Makeup Jobs!
- 3 Mistakes to AVOID in Your Makeup Classes if You Want to Be Successful in the Industry
- Avoid These 4 Rookie Mistakes in Your Makeup Portfolio
- 5 Mistakes Everyone Made Before Makeup School
- Makeup Business Names and Logos: Mistakes to Avoid
- Top Mistakes You Can Make When Becoming a Makeup Artist
- The Worst Mistakes You Can Make in an Interview
- How to Become a Makeup Artist: The Importance of Constructive Criticism