FACT: QC Makeup Academy has been a trusted leader in the beauty certification training industry for 38 years and counting. And our blog has had quite the year! Over the last 12 months, countless Beauty Buzz articles have garnered some major attention… And for good reason!
So, with 2023 just a couple more weeks away, we figured we’d do a little #throwback. Today, we’re breaking down the top 10 QC Makeup Academy blog articles from 2022.
So, lets see which of YOUR favorite articles made the list!
The Top 10 QC Makeup Academy Blog Articles of 2022
Coming in at 10th place, this blog post is all about helping aspiring entrepreneurs build their dream business in the skincare industry! Specifically, we dive into:
- The role and responsibilities of a professional skincare consultant;
- The size and profitability of the skincare industry;
- Who the target market is for skincare consultants;
- 15 trusted skincare brands;
- 25 tried-and-true tips to successfully build your skincare business from scratch;
- And more!
So, if you’ve been playing with the idea of launching a career in skincare, this is definitely the article for you.
PRO TIP: Become a fully trained and globally-certified International Skincare Consulting Professional (ISCP) in as little as 2 short months by enrolling in QC’s self-paced, online Skincare Course!
This article looks at the nitty-gritty of niche marketing, and how YOU can use it to build an incredibly successful makeup business. Here, you’ll discover:
- What a niche is and what makes a niche strong;
- Whether or not the beauty industry is a niche market;
- Who the target market for makeup is;
- Key steps for finding a niche for your own makeup business;
- And 11 wildly popular examples of specialized makeup business ideas!
Plus, for each of the 11 examples given, we’ll break down:
- What it is;
- Who the target market is for that particular niche;
- Special skills needed;
- And top pros and cons of that niche.
If you want to start taking your makeup business to the next level in the New Year, then this QC Makeup Academy blog article is a MUST-read!
Now, this particular article is especially useful – regardless of whether you’re just starting out as an MUA or are already established.
Because if you’re just getting your feet on the ground, it can be difficult to figure out which direction you should go in. And if you’re already a seasoned makeup artist, it never hurts to get a refresher course on some of the most profitable and in-demand makeup services around. That way, if you want to expand your business and make more money, you know what the best paths are!
In this blog article, we cover:
- What the highest qualification is in makeup;
- Which field is best for makeup artistry;
- The average salary of a professional MUA;
- Common factors that’ll impact your salary;
- Other things makeup artists can do to earn a higher income;
- 16 of the highest-paying career paths for MUAs (including the what this career entails, average income expectations, etc.);
- And more!
As a professional makeup artist, your portfolio is the bread and butter of your business! Moreover, a strong portfolio will serve as one of your GREATEST marketing materials, and will be the driving factor behind a large portion of your bookings.
But if you’re new to the game and haven’t yet put your portfolio together, where should you start? How will you know if you’re on the right track?
Luckily, this QC Makeup Academy blog article has all the answers!
Read on to learn all about:
- What a makeup portfolio is and why it’s so important;
- The average number of pictures that should be in your portfolio;
- The types of makeup looks you should represent in your portfolio;
- Building your professional makeup portfolio in 10 easy steps;
- And how QC’s self-paced, online Portfolio Development Workshop can help you achieve the PERFECT, client-winning portfolio!
Want to become a professional skincare consultant… But don’t have any experience and not sure where to begin? This Ultimate Guide has you covered!
By the time you finish reading this article, you’ll know:
- Why skincare is such a lucrative career choice;
- The difference between a skincare consultant and an esthetician;
- Salary expectations;
- How to become a fully trained, certified, and working skincare consultant in just 5 steps;
- And more!
Think of this article as a one-stop-shop for EVERYTHING you need to know about becoming a skincare consultant!
Alright, we’re officially at the halfway point of our Top 10 list…
In 5th place, this QC Makeup Academy blog article will be EXTREMELY helpful to those of you who already work as a makeup artist but want to increase your income and add more services to your repertoire!
Specifically, we take a look at the following 8 services (and dive into why your business will benefit from offering them to your clients):
- Bridal and bridal party makeup
- Bachelorette party makeup
- DIY workshops/makeup classes
- Mobile services
- Skincare consultations
- Hairstyling services
- Fashion styling services
- Virtual makeup services
Start the New Year on a high note for your makeup business by adding literally ANY of these services to your roster!
Think that being a makeup artist is your destiny – but not entirely sure what this career actually looks like on a day-to-day basis?
In this blog article, we paint a vivid picture of the life of an MUA by detailing what they do on an average day!
- How to get the right makeup training to kick-start your career;
- How many hours the average MUA works every day;
- Different types of makeup jobs and how they’ll affect your hours;
- Specific skills all makeup artists need to be successful;
- What a typical day in the life of an MUA looks like;
- Working for a company vs. running your own business;
- And more!
So, consider this article YOUR SIGN to take the leap in 2023!
PRO TIP: Become a fully trained and certified Master International Makeup Professional (MIMP) in as little as 2-6 months with QC Makeup Academy’s leading online Master Makeup Artistry Course!
Earlier, we looked at tips for growing your skincare business. Now, coming in at 3rd place, we’re switching gears and focusing on the top tips for growing your makeup business!
In this QC Makeup Academy blog post, you’ll learn:
- How makeup artists grow throughout their careers;
- How to get noticed and put your name out there;
- What a freelance MUA is (and how to become one);
- Our top 15 sure-fire tips for growing your makeup business!
By the end of this article, we guarantee you’ll have a better understanding of how to take your makeup career to the next level!
In 2nd place, we have this EXCELLENT blog post that we think EVERY makeup artist should read!
This article covers the fundamentals of makeup artistry and takes a deep dive into why mastering these skills is so important for MUAs (regardless of experience level).
In particular, we cover:
- The importance of practice;
- Subjects you need to know in order to thrive as a makeup artist;
- Learning makeup through social media vs. professional training courses;
- Whether or not you need to be good at drawing to be an MUA;
- 5 basic skills you NEED to know before you can book any clients;
- And soft skills vs. hard skills as a makeup artist.
We highly recommend this blog post for any MUA who’s looking to brush up on their fundamentals and become a top-tier artist!
Alas, we’ve come to QC Makeup Academy’s MOST popular article of 2022! In our #1 spot, we tackle the pros and cons of working as a makeup artist. If you’ve been playing with the idea of becoming a makeup artist, but aren’t sure if it’s right for you, this article should help you make a decision!
In this blog post, we discuss topics like:
- The job description of an MUA;
- 6 different/common types of makeup artists;
- Benefits (and drawbacks) of being a freelance MUA;
- 20 pros of working as a makeup artist;
- 8 cons of working as a makeup artist;
- And interesting statistics about professional makeup artistry!
Thus, as 2022 comes to a close and a new year is about to begin, this article is the perfect way to get a jump-start on your makeup career plans! So, give it a read and see if being an MUA is something you can picture yourself doing in 2023!
As always, everyone here at QC Makeup Academy thanks you for taking the time to read this blog post – and all the other blog posts we’ve published to date! What’s more, we hope you’ve been inspired to launch a successful makeup career!
With that in mind, don’t forget to check out our wide variety of self-paced, online certification courses if you’re looking for the most comprehensive online training available. In as little as 8 short weeks, you can earn your internationally-recognized certification + designation and be ready to book your very first client!
Happy New Year, beauties, and we wish you all the best in 2023 and beyond!