Want to work as a special effects makeup artist? QC Makeup Academy’s Special FX Makeup Course will teach you everything you need to know AND give you a professional certification – all within just 3-6 months!
QC Grad, Gabrielle Rivera, Recreates Her Very First Special Effects Makeup Look!
Gabrielle Rivera is a graduate of QC Makeup Academy’s Master Makeup Artistry Course. She now works as a professional MUA, with a specialization in special effects makeup. Check out more of Gabrielle’s work on Instagram!
Today, she’s here to recreate her first ever SFX look, done back in 2013. Let’s see what changes she makes now that she has reputable training and years of in-field experience under her belt!
Want to learn more about Gabrielle’s credentials? Check out this blog article wherein she discusses her experience working as a special effects makeup artist for a haunted house!
QC’s Special FX Makeup Course
In this 4-Unit program, you’ll learn all about:
- Safe and sanitary makeup application;
- Identifying and working with common skin disorders;
- Aging makeup;
- Bald cap and fake hair application;
- Creating trauma makeup and special effects;
- How to work with fake blood;
- Handling SFX prosthetics;
- How to work with clients;
- Marketing your services;
- How to start your very own business;
- And MUCH more!
Once you enroll in this course, you’ll receive direct digital access to your textbooks, instructional videos, templates, quizzes, and assignments. You’ll also receive a physical copy of your course materials in the mail. Alongside these course materials, QC will also send you a FREE starter special effects makeup kit!
You’ll have a full 2 years to complete the course – although you can easily complete it in as little as 3-6 months, if you’re able to devote 1-2 hours per week on your studies. Upon graduation, you’ll receive an International Special FX Makeup Professional (ISMP) certification.
This means you’ll be able to show off your SFX training to all of your future clients and potential employers!
Additional Perks of Training with QC
Here are just a few more reasons why you should enroll in the Special Effects Makeup Course and become a QC student:
- All of QC’s courses are offered online, so you can train from wherever works best for YOU!
- Our self-paced learning environment allows you to work at your own pace – meaning NO deadlines or schedules to follow!
- QC has been a pioneer of online learning since 1984 and holds an A+ ranking with the Better Business Bureau!
- We have over 270 raving reviews on our Facebook page alone!
- Your assignments will provide you with tons of real-world, hands-on training!
- Our certifications are internationally-recognized!
- QC’s competitive tuition rates and low monthly payment plans work for practically EVERY budget!
- Plus, we offer a new promotional offer for both new and existing students every month!
- There’s a full community of peers and tutors to connect and network with in our free Virtual Classroom on Facebook!