Christmas parties, New Years’ parties, office parties—the holiday season is always jam packed with festive events just calling for a new outfit…and gorgeous makeup to go with it!
Just in time for your upcoming events, Stephanie Wyatt gives us a modern twist on a classic holiday look: the smoky eye and bold lip. In this (holiday edition!) makeup tutorial, Stephanie is going to show us how to create a perfect smoky eye, along with a deep berry lip.
This vampy twist is perfect for a nighttime look—or you can even wear it with reindeer antlers (like Stephanie does) for the perfect festive touch! So breakout your favorite sultry shades! It’s time to get glamorous with glitter!
- The first step involves prepping your skin for a sexy, smoky finish
- Apply a primer all over your lids. Even out dark circles with concealer (perfect if you’ve had a late night out at another holiday party)
- Remember to blend with a blending sponge!
- Apply a light layer of pressed powder with a fluffy brush! This will set your makeup!
Expert tip: Stephanie uses Scotch tape to achieve the perfect eyeliner angle. It works as a quasi-stencil and also helps with shadow fallout!
Smoky eye base
- Select a dark shadow from your palette (Stephanie uses a dark plum color)
- Add more depth by mixing in another shade (try sultry brown)
- Blend from outside in, lash to crease
- Once you have thoroughly blended, work in a smoky silver shade
- Apply a champagne shadow near the center of the lid
Lashes and liner
- Frame your eyes with winged eyeliner
- Use a felt tip eyeliner to make sure your line stays thin
- Amp up your lashes with a coat of black mascara—apply to bottom and top lashes
- Apply concealer to areas that need more coverage (remember to remove your Scotch tape!)
- Even out the rest of your skin with foundation
- Blend with a blending sponge
- Sweep bronzer underneath your cheekbones and on top of temples
- Pop blush onto the apples of your cheeks
- Set with a light layer of pressed powder
Highlight and define
- Smudge champagne shadow onto the center your lid
- Apply a sexy glitter shadow into the corner of your eyes—near your water line
- Follow up with some cool-toned highlighter onto the center of your nose (this will catch light and give you a subtle, yet oh so luminous glow)
- Use a brow gel to shape brows
- Fill them in with a pencil or angled brush
- Pop some cool toned highlighter underneath your brow bones
- Create a deeper, longer lasting finish with a lip stain
- Use a lip liner to shape and fill in lips
- Apply a cream lipstick (also in a deep color) for a full coverage finish
- Finish it all off with a spritz of setting spray!