Holiday Party Makeup Tutorial
Christmas parties, New Years’ parties, office parties – the holiday season is always jam packed with festive events just calling for a new outfit…and gorgeous makeup to go with it!
Just in time for your upcoming events, Stephanie Wyatt gives us a modern twist on a classic holiday look: the smoky eye and bold lip. In this (holiday edition!) makeup tutorial, Stephanie is going to show us how to create a perfect smoky eye, along with a deep berry lip.
This vampy twist is perfect for a nighttime look – or you can even wear it with reindeer antlers (like Stephanie does) for the perfect festive touch! So breakout your favorite sultry shades! It’s time to get glamorous with glitter!
- The first step involves prepping your skin for a sexy, smoky finish
- Apply a primer all over your lids. Even out dark circles with concealer (perfect if you’ve had a late night out at another holiday party)
- Remember to blend with a blending sponge!
- Apply a light layer of pressed powder with a fluffy brush! This will set your makeup!
Expert tip: Stephanie uses Scotch tape to achieve the perfect eyeliner angle. It works as a quasi-stencil and also helps with shadow fallout!
Smoky eye base
- Select a dark shadow from your palette (Stephanie uses a dark plum color)
- Add more depth by mixing in another shade (try sultry brown)
- Blend from outside in, lash to crease
- Once you have thoroughly blended, work in a smoky silver shade
- Apply a champagne shadow near the center of the lid
Lashes and liner
- Frame your eyes with winged eyeliner
- Use a felt tip eyeliner to make sure your line stays thin
- Amp up your lashes with a coat of black mascara – apply to bottom and top lashes
- Apply concealer to areas that need more coverage (remember to remove your Scotch tape!)
- Even out the rest of your skin with foundation
- Blend with a blending sponge
- Sweep bronzer underneath your cheekbones and on top of temples
- Pop blush onto the apples of your cheeks
- Set with a light layer of pressed powder
Highlight and define
- Smudge champagne shadow onto the center your lid
- Apply a sexy glitter shadow into the corner of your eyes – near your water line
- Follow up with some cool-toned highlighter onto the center of your nose (this will catch light and give you a subtle, yet oh so luminous glow)
- Use a brow gel to shape brows
- Fill them in with a pencil or angled brush
- Pop some cool toned highlighter underneath your brow bones
- Create a deeper, longer lasting finish with a lip stain
- Use a lip liner to shape and fill in lips
- Apply a cream lipstick (also in a deep color) for a full coverage finish
- Finish it all off with a spritz of setting spray!