Hair Styling Essentials Course Sample: Waterfall Braid Tutorial
Braiding techniques have been around for ages, and thousands of years later they’re still extremely popular in modern hair styles. Whether they’re being used for masterful avant-garde creations, fashion-forward looks for the runway or TV screen, or even just at home for everyday wear, braiding is one of the most versatile techniques in hair styling. Learning to braid means mastering the hair even more and building greater dexterity in your hands. Which can lead to so many more possibilities!
Adding another art form to your professional makeup artistry services is a great way to grow your business and set you apart from your competition. Instructed by Laurie Vukich, celebrity hair stylist and makeup artist, QC’s Hair Styling Essentials is the perfect way to learn hair styling online.
Check out this waterfall braid tutorial taken directly from the braiding unit of the course! Trust us, it’s easier than you think.
- Start with a triangular section of hair in the front
- Divide it into 3 strands
We’ll identify the strands as left, middle, and right:
- Start with the right strand and bring it over the middle strand
- Bring the left strand over the original right strand
- Drop the original middle strand
- Gather a new strand from the head (this is now your new right strand)
- And repeat!
- For a more precise braid, dampen the hair before you begin
- For a worn look, leave the hair dry during the braiding process
- This braid can be the basis for creating other fabulous looks
- And of course, practice, practice, practice!
When you decide to learn hair styling online, you’re opening many more doors to success. Online learning is convenient, valuable, cost-effective, and fun! Our hair styling course is even more affordable for current students and graduates, or future students who want to combine their studies of both makeup and hair! Consult our Tuition Calculator to see just how affordable it can be.