Cat Eye Makeup Tutorial, Part II
As promised, here’s the second cat eye look you guys loved from the Facebook page! This look would be perfect for holiday parties, especially New Year’s Eve. It’s super smoky and sultry, but it’s still a cat eye. What makes it different from yesterday’s look is that it’s not all about definition. It features a smoldering sexy eye and a pale nude lip. Here is the inspiration for this look…
Here is my version of the look in a step by step tutorial. Follow along with me!
- As always, start with a clean, primed eyelid.
- Start building your smoky winged look by packing on a black shadow and blending it into a cat eye shape.
- Soften the edges of the look with a blending brush and a little bit of light grey shadow.
- Apply a brow highlight (I used a matte cream colored shadow). Blend it down into the light grey blending shadow.
- Apply a liquid liner with a wing matching the same shape as the shadow. This step is not necessary but I find it adds a little definition to the look.
- Apply a very thick full set of lashes. I used the Katy Perry Lashes in Oh My!
- Apply multiple coats of mascara on the bottom lashes. Don’t be afraid to create a somewhat clumpy look—it works well with this look!
- Apply a nude lip liner all over the lip to neutralize any natural redness in the lip. Then apply a pale pink lipstick on top. I used Creme Cup by MAC.
Here’s a closer look at the finished product…
There you have it! An easy and quick smoky cat eye, sure to be a show stopper for any night-time event or holiday party. Give it a try yourself!