Why Take an Online Makeup Course?
New year, new you, right? New Year’s resolutions can be a great way to hold yourself accountable so that you can hit the ground running. If you’ve been holding off pulling the trigger on starting your makeup artistry career, there’s no better time to start than right now.
Many aspiring makeup artists get their start by taking a makeup course to get in their training, so why not consider taking your studies online? Taking an online makeup course can offer you a ton of benefits, but it can be tricky to decide just which one is right for you.
We’ll start by looking at the benefits of taking an online makeup course if you haven’t already taken the plunge. In the second part of this series, we’ll take a look at some of the different makeup artistry courses you can expect to find around the web!
While you do not need to undergo any formal training to become a makeup artist, many people do attend makeup schools in real life or online. In an ultra-competitive industry, completing a formal training course will absolutely give you an edge. Professional makeup certification (from a valid institution, of course!) will give you the credibility (and confidence!) to break into the industry. Looking for the perfect fit? Here are a few reasons why you may want to consider doing your makeup artistry training online.
- It’s flexible: Many online makeup training courses allow you to do your learning at your own pace! If you are already a full-time student or are working full time, it can be hard to squeeze in the time to do your makeup training. Online makeup artistry training allows you to maintain your other commitments while allowing you to complete your course work whenever you have the extra time.
- Get feedback or help around the clock: Plenty of online makeup schools have support staff and tutors that will be able to answer your questions beyond normal business hours. This aspect of learning can come in handy especially if you work a 9-5 job and you do your courses after-hours!
- Easy accessibility: Brick-and-mortar makeup schools can be tricky to attend if you live away from big cities. On top of tuition and practicing materials, you would also have to factor in the time and money to do the commute. Doing your professional makeup training online will bring the course right to you!
- The beauty of a DVD: Because these course assignments are paired with instructional DVDs, you never have to worry about missing something! It can be intimidating to ask for help or a re-explanation in a class full of people, but in the comfort of your own home, all you have to do is press rewind to watch it again!
- Promotions: Many online schools will have special promotions throughout the year to make learning professional makeup artistry easier than ever! From discounted course bundles to free makeup tools, online schools have more flexibility when it comes to offering their students free goodies and special offers. It pays to study online!
- Payment plans: If you attend a brick-and-mortar makeup institution, chances are, they will ask you for the full tuition payment as a lump sum. Many students then have to look for student loans or delay their training until they scrape together enough money to start their courses. Online schools that offer payment plans will allow you to get started on your dream ASAP so you don’t have to worry about choosing between your career or dinner on the table.
Makeup is for life!
Above all else, to become a makeup artist, you have to make time to learn makeup. Online makeup courses make it super easy to learn makeup whenever you want, but you’ll only see the benefits if you put in the time and effort. Sometimes taking the leap is the hardest part! Do your research and make a plan—you’ll be happy you did once you officially start your makeup training!
Stay tuned for Part 2 of this series: Your Online Makeup Course: Which One is For You?