Makeup by Brittany—Tropical Blue Eyeshadow
With the summer months upon us I like to start adding a bit more color to my looks. Today I’m going to show you a step-by-step tutorial of a metallic blue smokey eye paired with a peachy lip! To me, this look is perfect for a summer night out.
- As always, start with a clean primed lid. Next up, pick up a blue eyeshadow, a loose pigment or whatever you prefer working with! I used a MAC pigment called Spruced from the Crushed Metallic Pigment collection. Use a flat synthetic brush as it will make it easier to pick up the pigment and place it onto the lid. Keep your application focused on the center of the lid, or the highest point of the lid.
- Next, pick up a matte black shadow on a small shadow brush and press it onto the inner and outer corners of the lid. Keep your application in a smaller area as you are going to blend out after and product will spread.
- Now pick up your blending brush and using very small strokes, start to buff the colours together only where they meet and along the crease.
- Use a makeup wipe and clean up the edge of the shadow making a nice sharp edge.
- Pick up a matte light grey shadow and blend out the crease even further.
- To sharpen up the edge that much more and brighten up the eye, take a concealer and run it along the outer edge of the shadow where you created your angle. Soften it with your finger.
- Apply liquid liner.
- Apply a white eyeliner to your lower waterline and pick up that same light grey and soften it along your lash line.
- Apply mascara and false lashes.