Mac

Makeup Reviews

Mac Makeup School Vs. QC Makeup Academy

QC hears hundreds of inquirers asking the same question each day, “Will your courses properly ready me for work with M.A.C, or do I need to attend their Mac Makeup School?” We know it’s a bit confusing, so we’d like to take some time today to explain how it works.

While M.A.C does offer individual advanced makeup training courses for professional makeup artists, those courses will not specifically qualify you to work in a M.A.C store or counter. They are mainly geared towards professional makeup artists who simply wish to further their education for personal growth. M.A.C actually does not offer their own makeup artistry certification; however, they do expect potential employees to have obtained certification from another school.

Working makeup artists can get discounts on M.A.C products with the Pro Membership, provided they meet the requirements set by M.A.C. However, while the M.A.C PRO membership doesn’t specifically qualify you for a position at a M.A.C store or counter, holding a certificate from our School will certainly prepare you and equip you with all the tools and skills needed to work as a professional in the makeup industry. Keep in mind that a strong portfolio is always key, but the first thing you should do before choosing a school is get in touch with the hiring manager of the M.A.C location you wish to work at; they will let you know exactly what they are looking for in a new employee.

Are you interested in an education with QC Makeup Academy? Visit us here and please don’t hesitate to get in touch! Our friendly student support staff would be happy to answer your questions.

Not sure which certification is right for you? Download a course decision guide and choose a program that will align with your career goals!

Black Friday Special Offer - Available Now

53 responses to “Mac Makeup School Vs. QC Makeup Academy”

1. demetria Moore says:

Wanted info. On the classes

2. atousanikfar says:

I want learn beauty make up in mac school please inform me about these cours

1. Ana Scholtes says:

Thank you for your comment! I’ve emailed you some information about our courses. 🙂

1. Crystal muniz says:

I would also like information on makeup artistry

1. Ana Scholtes says:

Hi Crystal, thanks for your comment! Please check your email inbox as I’ve sent you some information. 🙂

1. Monique Ramirez says:

Can I please have information about this too .

2. Ana Scholtes says:

Thanks for commenting, Monique! I’ve emailed you as well with some information – please check your inbox. 🙂

3. Leslie says:

Hi….I would like to have information of where can I take make up clases around my area. I would love to work for Mac….Im located in Bellower C.A, Thank you very much.

1. Ana Scholtes says:

Thank you for your comment and for your interest in QC Makeup Academy, Leslie! We actually only offer online courses that you complete from home and at your own pace. We do not have any courses that are done in person. But I’m happy to tell you a little more about our courses. I’ve emailed you some information, so please check your email inbox. 🙂

4. Christine says:

I am wanting to collect more information into the academy. I would like to know whether the certification will allow you to be used to get hired at any makeup company. Also is it at our own pace or there is a set time for each session. Thank you.

1. Ana Scholtes says:

Hi Christine, thank you for your comment!
      I’ll be emailing you shortly with some more information about our academy! 🙂

1. Jaybq says:

Hi! I would like to know if the certificate that you get after graduation or finished the classes/units, can you use them to get pro cards? And another thing, what if I went with the extended installment plan and I am late in paying the payment or I’m always late at paying them? And how long does it take to finish one program?

1. Mireille Pitre says:

Hi there! After you graduate and get your makeup artistry business off the ground, you’ll be able to get MAC pro discounts by sending them a copy of your business card or other indication that you are a working professional makeup artist :-).

When you choose an extended installment plan you commit to making timely payments. As an added convenience, you can choose the day of the week/month that your payments are withdrawn from your bank account, so you can make sure to align that date with the day you usually get paid. We do understand that sometimes life gets in the way and you might miss a payment, and if that happens we’ll ask you to replace the missed payment as soon as possible. However if someone is constantly late in their payments, then their student account would be “frozen” until they are able to catch up on their payments.

I hope this helps! Feel free to get in touch with us at info@qcmakeupacademy.com if you have any more questions about payment plans 🙂

5. gökçe says:

i would like to work for mac , i adore. i m from turkiye . i m intersted in pro make up. im talented i think. thank u.

6. Sabina Dipner says:

Hi. MY name is Sabina. I am from Kazakhstan. I really want to take make-up courses with MAC in the usa. It doesnt matter what city it will be. If u could inform me, I would br very thankful.

1. Ana Scholtes says:

Hi there Sabina, thank you for your comment! We do not offer MAC courses, so if you’re interested in attending a MAC course in the USA then the best people to contact would be MAC directly. We offer our courses via distance education, so you would be completing the course from home, at your own pace, and online. So you would not be required to travel anywhere. 🙂

7. sara says:

i am trying to learn for makeup artist and get certification .. please shell me

1. Ana Scholtes says:

Hi there Sara, thank you for your comment! We’d love to help you with your goals of becoming a makeup artist and receiving certification. Please feel welcome to contact our Support Team at info@qcmakeupacademy.com for more information or to ask any questions you may have about our school and courses. 🙂

8. Katie Piburn says:

If taking classes online here will this certificate be accepted by MAC? Also, I would like to know if other makeup companies will accept this certificate? I live in Missouri and I would like more information on the courses and where the certificate will be accepted!

1. Ana Scholtes says:

Hi there Katie, thank you for your comment! If you are looking to work at a makeup counter, like MAC for example, the very first thing you should do is get in touch with the Human Resources Director at your local store to find out exactly what they’re looking for in their potential employees. A lot of cosmetic brands have an extensive hiring process where you’ll have the opportunity to showcase your skills. Taking a course will QC Makeup Academy will not only look great on a resume, especially compared to another candidate without any training or experience, but will help you with your makeup abilities that are so important to your employer. We’ve heard from quite a few graduates landing such jobs at places like Sephora and MAC. I think you may find this blog article helpful if you’re wanting to work for a top cosmetic brands one day.

If you’re not looking to seek employment with a cosmetic brands, but referring to the discounts that many brands provide to makeup students and working makeup artists, MAC does not accept our school for their student discount (as they have specific curriculum requirements like hair, photography, and more), but that shouldn’t stop you from applying for the MAC Pro membership when you are a working makeup artist. However, there are many other brands that do accept our students, which you can review here. Of course you are not limited to this list, as most cosmetic brands to offer some sort of savings but we’re just not currently officially affiliated with them.

I hope this helps! If you would like to speak with a Student Support Specialist to get even more information about our school, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-267-1829 🙂

9. diya says:

I want to be a make up artist,bt I m a bit confuse dat frm where I wil get my training & proper certificate?
    After getting a training can I apply fr a job as a professional makeup artist?
    &, I m frm west bengal, india, so want to know d proper place to get dis training frm here in india…

1. Ana Scholtes says:

Hi Diya, thanks for commenting! All of our courses are completed via distance-education, so you’ll be working from home, at your own pace, and submitting assignments online. So you won’t have to travel anywhere to obtain this makeup training and certification – which will look great on a resume when applying for jobs! 🙂

10. diya says:

Also want to know abt d courses,its fee…& abt d online courses of mac…. bt wil b there any certificate aftr obtaining d online courses?

1. Ana Scholtes says:

We have a variety of different courses and they are all priced individually. You can review complete pricing information for all of our courses here. I also just want to be clear that we do not provide MAC makeup courses – we have our own unique training not associated with MAC. Upon completion of one of our courses you will receive a certificate. For example, if you were to complete our Master Makeup Artistry course, you would receive the certification of MIMP – Master International Makeup Professional.
      Hope that helps! 🙂

11. Ghaz says:

Hey, would you be able to email me about whether the certification will allow me to to get hired at any makeup company, also is there a age limit you must be to enrol, and do we need any qualifications?

Hi Ghaz! Please check your inbox. 🙂

12. Sarah cook says:

Hi, I would like info on the makeup classes please! Thank you sarah

1. Mireille Pitre says:

Hi Sarah!

You can find tons of information about QC Makeup Academy’s online classes in our free online brochure, which you can download here! If you have any questions not answered in the brochure, or if you’d like to speak to a support specialist at any time, please feel free to contact us and we’ll be happy to assist you 🙂

13. Nicole says:

Hello, after completing the course, I will be able to apply to jobs as a professional make-up artist? I would appreciate more info. Thanks.

1. Mireille Pitre says:

Hi Nicole!

The courses offered by QC teach you the skills you need to work as a professional makeup artist. Many QC graduates go on to either open their own business OR work at cosmetics counters, in salons, etc. The only caution I have for you, is to check your local regulations before anything else. In some areas, makeup artists are required to have an aesthetician license in order to work in the field, which requires a different type of training.

Hope this helps! Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any more questions 🙂

14. Kristin britain says:

Hi, looking for a makeup school to go to and like some information please and thank you.

1. Mireille Pitre says:

Hi Kristin!

I’d suggest you download QC’s Free Brochure for more information on the school, courses, tutors, etc. If you’re interested in QC but aren’t sure which course(s) to take, you can also check out this handy course decision guide that will help you choose the right course(s) for you based on your career goals 🙂

Hope this helps!

15. Taylor says:

Hello! I was wondering if I could get some more information regarding this academy! Thanks!

Hi Taylor! I’ve sent some information to your email address. 🙂

16. balancing val says:

hi! I’m wondering how much time on average it takes to complete the course. I would like to get my freelance business started as quickly as possible.

1. Ana Scholtes says:

Hi Val, thanks for your comment! You’ll be working at your own pace, so you ultimately get to decide how long the course takes for you. However, we typically see students complete their course in about 3 months.

17. Prachi Tyagi says:

Hi, I want info about 1 year diploma and certification courses and fee structure…… I m located in mumbai….

1. Ana Scholtes says:

Hi Prachi, thanks for your comment! I’m sorry to say that we unfortunately do not offer our courses to your location. We hope you will find the right school for you. 🙂

18. salma says:

Hi I was wondering if you could tell me more about makeup courses, thank you!

Hi Salma,

Thank you for your comment! I’ve just emailed you some information about our courses. 🙂

19. Addii says:

I live in noida, India. I want to do masters in makeup nd fashion styling. Can u Plzz send me all details of course nd procedure of applying and how it works. Kindly mail me

Thanks for your comment Addii! I’ve emailed you more information. 🙂

20. Aimee says:

Hi
    If I just want to learn to build skills for myself and not practicing MUA. Can I turn in assignments fine on myself as opposed to a model?

1. Ana Scholtes says:

Hi Aimee, thanks for your comment! If you want to take the course for personal reasons rather than for career goals, you can absolutely use yourself as the model for assignments. 🙂

21. Aisha says:

I want learn beauty make up in mac school please inform me about these cours

1. Ana Scholtes says:

Hi Aisha, thanks for your comment! We, QC Makeup Academy, offer several online makeup courses to help you become a professional makeup artist 🙂 You can see the selection of our courses here.

22. Damarys Garcia says:

Hi,
    I am about to register to VIZIO Makeup Academy but I would like to get some information about QA Makeup Academy and I would like to know the differences between these two online academies. Please let me know ASAP
    Damarys Garcia

1. Ana Scholtes says:

Hi Damarys, thanks for your comment! I’ve just sent you an email with some information. 🙂

23. Chelsea Miller says:

I would also like information on makeup artistry. Please.

Hi Chelsea, please check your inbox as I have emailed you some information. 🙂

24. Njeri says:

I love MAC!

25. Dawn says:

Hello! Please email me as well about the courses you offer. thanks!

1. Alicia Haniford says:

Hi Dawn,

We’ve sent you an email with some info on our courses. Look out for it in your inbox! 🙂

Thanks!