Every aspiring makeup artist has a different goal she wants to achieve with her makeup artistry course. Some want to become certified makeup artists, while others just want to expand their skills for fun. Whatever it is, we’ve got you covered!
One of our most asked questions is:
What’s the difference between Makeup Artistry and Master Makeup Artistry?
There’s actually a big difference between the two! The one you choose ultimately depends on your goals. But before we get into that, let’s go over what you’ll learn in each course!
Share this Image On Your Site
Please include attribution to www.qcmakeupacademy.com with this graphic.
Of the two, Master Makeup Artistry is the more comprehensive course and the most popular! It starts you off at a beginner’s level, where you’ll learn basic makeup techniques for day, evening, and bridal. You’ll also learn how to start your own makeup business, as well as safety and sanitary practices.
All of these topics are covered in the first 4 units, which it shares with the Makeup Artistry course. But that’s where the similarities end! The Master Makeup Artistry course continues on for two more units. The last two units cover more advanced techniques such as makeup for glamour, fantasy, photography, television, and even a bit of special FX!
Which one’s right for you?
QC Makeup Academy offers 10 different makeup courses that suit every aspiring artist’s needs. As we mentioned before, the course content between the two courses are identical all the way up to Unit D. For makeup hobbyists who just want to get good at doing their own makeup, choose Makeup Artistry. But if you want to do makeup professionally? You’re better off completing the Master Makeup Artistry course.
Those extra two units make a world of difference! Don’t believe us? Here are just 5 benefits:
- Learn advanced skills: These additional skills will expand your career opportunities. Applying makeup for different occasions makes you a more versatile artist. Don’t think that editorial makeup is the same as photography makeup! The techniques and products used are completely different!
- Get creative: The first four units in the Master Makeup Artistry Course focuses on everyday makeup and makeup for special occasions. If you want to flex your creative muscles, the final two units go into fantasy makeup and special FX! Combine new techniques with old ones, and you’ll be ready to create any look you want!
- Try something new: Don’t write off stage and character makeup before you even try it! You might not know what you’re missing out on. As someone in an artistic field, you should try everything at least once. Not only are they amazing experiences, but you might discover your passion!
- More time with your tutor: A longer course means you’ll receive more guidance from your tutor. Your personal tutor is a full-time working professional who has had real industry experience. Continue to practice and improve your skills under someone who really knows their stuff!
- Build your portfolio: Showing your versatility will advance your career quickly. The assignments in Units E and F will push you to be creative with your looks. After you receive your tutor’s feedback, go back and polish them up! You’ll graduate with a diverse portfolio to start your career!
So, what will it be? Makeup Artistry or Master Makeup Artistry?
Promotions: Psst! Did you know that once you’re a student, you’re eligible to receive 50% off additional courses? Check out this promo and all future special offers here!