Mastering the Dark Lip Tutorial with Stephanie Wyatt
QC Student Ambassador, Stephanie Wyatt, shows us how to slay the dark lipstick trend! Stephanie’s giving us her best techniques for applying dark lipstick, and tells us what to pair it with for a complete makeup look.
Watch her makeup tutorial to find out how you can master the dark lip!
- Stephanie starts her application by moisturizing her lips with Vaseline, making sure they are soft and supple. Preparing your lips for lipstick with a moisturizing balm will make sure there is no dryness or cracking throughout the day. Use your lip balm of choice to prime your pout!
- Next, Stephanie lines her lips using her Barry M Lip Liner. Line your lips around the outer shape, focussing on shaping your Cupid’s bow and bottom lip. Lining your lips will help create an even shape to fill in with your lip color.
Optional: You may want to fill in your lips completely with liner if you’re looking to create a longwearing finish. This will keep your lipstick intact longer, but may lead to a slight shade difference in your lipstick.
- For her lip color, Stephanie uses NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in the shade Cherry Skies. This liquid lipstick leaves a soft, matte finish. Matte lip colors are perfect for dark lip shades—they keep the drama but don’t overpower your whole makeup look.
- Apply your lip color, starting with the bottom lip. First apply color to the center of your lip, and then move outwards to the corners. Then, finish with your upper lip by following your lip liner shape. Apply your lip color carefully since dark lipstick can take practice to apply! For a more precise application, use a small lip brush instead of the lipstick applicator.
- Stephanie paired her dark lipstick with a gorgeous brown and red smokey eye. She blended the colors together, and added liquid liner to complete her eye look. This is a great makeup look for a glam night out. Stephanie’s recommendation for dark lipstick: pair with a natural makeup look so your lips stand out. Whatever your preference, you’ll slay this lip trend!
Pair your dark lip with a dewy complexion! Find out how to keep your skin glowing all winter long!