Summer has arrived, which means its time for another QC Makeup Academy Summer Makeup Contest!
Do you find yourself drawing inspiration from classic beauty looks? Do Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, and classic pin-ups count among your makeup idols? If so, you won’t want to miss out on this opportunity…
We want to see your best retro-inspired looks, and this includes full makeup and hair! Break out that red lipstick, create those perfect curls, and throw it back to a more glamorous time—you could win an amazing prize!
You don’t need to be a QC Makeup Academy student to take part—everyone is welcome! However, there is a special prize for QC students and grads who enter the contest!
Hurry! Contest entries close on August 5th, 2016!
How It Works
We want to see a full look, which includes full makeup and hair!
Simply complete your makeup look, fill out the entry form at the bottom of the page and upload one before and one after photo of your work by August 5th, 2016.
On August 8th, we’ll post the semi-finalists on QC Makeup Academy’s Facebook Page where you’ll vote for your favorites by liking the best photos! The five photos with the most “likes” by August 10th will be our finalists!
These five finalists will be scored by our judges on select elements, who will then pick the grand prize winner!
We’re so excited to have QC Tutor, Pro Makeup Artist & Hair Stylist, Azzi Williams as our judge!
Check out Azzi’s scorecard to see what she’ll be looking for in each finalist’s look:
- Creativity: How unique and creative is this look? Does it show personality and flair?
- Effort: How much effort has the makeup artist put into the look in terms of high definition products used, textures, effects, and finer details?
- Skill: Does the makeup artist demonstrate a high level of skill in terms of tasteful retro colour palette selection, good symmetry, blending techniques, accuracy and attention to detail? Is it clean and precise with even application on eyes and lips?
- Theme: Is there a clear conceptual connection with the retro theme of the contest?
- Overall Image: Does the makeup complement the outfit, hair, and model’s features? Is the photography clear, in focus, and taken with good lighting?
We’re delighted to have new QC Tutor, Corianne Cowan, as our second judge!
Check out Corianne’s scorecard to see what she’ll be looking for in each finalist’s look:
- Creativity: Is the overall look both creative and unique?
- Artistry & Technique: Does the creator’s artistry and technique shine through in the makeup application?
- Hair Styling: Was skill shown in the completion of the retro hairstyle?
- Quality of the Image: Has the image been excessively edited or is it high quality without obvious edits?
- Overall Transformation: When comparing the before and after photos, how is the overall, final transformation?
NOTE: Any photo that has been obviously edited in Photoshop or any other editing software will be disqualified.
The winner of the Retro Glamour Contest will win this retro-inspired prize pack that includes the Kat Von D Studded Beloved Lip Trio, Benefit’s They’re Real: Sexy on the Run Mascara & Liner Kit, and Benefit’s 1st Prize Highlighters! You can channel your inner pin-up girl every day!
Special Prize for QC Students & Grads
This contest is open to everyone, not just QC students and grads. But, we’ve got an extra prize reserved for the QC Community!
So, if you are a QC student or graduate, include your student number next to your name when you submit your entry! At the end of the contest period, we’ll draw a random QC student/grad who entered the contest, and the lucky winner will win a Sephora PRO Easel filled with QC brushes! As a makeup artist, you need to keep your brushes organized and at the ready. This gorgeous book converts to a brush stand!
Still have Questions?
We’ve answered the most common ones below! You can also read through the contest rules for more information, or contact us if your questions still aren’t answered!
Can I enter if I’m not a QC Student?
Yes you can! This contest is open to anyone who has a love of makeup, whether you’re already a member of the QC Community or not!
When will the semi-finalists be announced?
The semi-finalists will be announced on QC Makeup Academy’s Facebook Page on Monday, August 8th. You’ll be able to vote for the finalists by “liking” your favorite image in each category.
When will the winners be announced?
Voting will continue until Noon Eastern Time on August 10th. On August 15th, we’ll post the judges’ scoring of all five finalists of each category, and announce the winners!
What happens if I win?
And we hope you do!
We’ll contact you via email or by phone to arrange delivery of your prize. We’ll need to speak to you first, as we won’t send out any prizes before we can verify your address either by phone or email, so make sure you’re available to chat!
You can read the full contest rules here.