Terms & Conditions
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Promotion Description: The ‘QC Makeup Academy 2020 Halloween Makeup Contest’ (“Contest”) begins on October 1st, 2020 at 10:00 AM (Eastern Time (US & Canada) and ends on October 18th, 2020 at 11:59 PM (Eastern Time (US & Canada)) (the “Entry Period”). By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of QC Makeup Academy (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the contest. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Contest.
2. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of any country who are the legal age of majority in his or her country of residence. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Contest or win a prize.
3. Winner Selection:
Contest semi-finalists will be selected by the QC team and posted to the QC Makeup Academy Facebook Page no later than 12:00PM (Eastern Time, US & Canada) on October 19th, 2020. The five entries per category will be announced as contest finalists at 5:00PM (Eastern Time, US & Canada) on October 23rd. The ten finalists will be chosen based on a mix of Facebook votes (Facebook likes) and the judge’s decision.
The winner(s) of the Contest will be selected by the QC “Judges” via a written critique of the finalists posted to the QC Makeup Academy 2020 Halloween Makeup Contest Page no later than 8:00PM (Eastern Time, US & Canada) on October 26th, 2020.
Additionally, all contestants who provide a valid QC Makeup Academy Student Number at the time of entry will be eligible to win the student prizes of each category. The student winner(s) of the Contest will be selected by the QC “Judges” via a written critique of the finalists posted to the QC Makeup Academy 2020 Halloween Makeup Contest Page no later than 8:00PM (Eastern Time, US & Canada) on October 26th, 2020.
All decisions are final. Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information on or about 48 hours after the judge’s ruling. Potential winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 48 hours of notification. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively “the Prize Claim Documents”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
- 1 (#) “Trick Category” prize winner will receive one (1) Anastasia Beverly Hills’ “Norvina® Mini Pro Pigment Palette Vol 3” (approximate retail value or “ARV” between $35 and $40 CA), one (1) Urban Decay “All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray” (approximate retail value or “ARV” between $30 and $40 CA), a set of 5 latex prosthetics, two bottles of special effects blood, and an injury wheel and an RMG bald cap wheel, (approximate retail value or “ARV” between $20 and $30 CA). Prize will be sent to the winner’s mailing address, shipping fees will be paid for by QC Makeup Academy.
- 1 (#) “Trick Category” student prize winner will receive one (1) Violet Voss “Mini Eyeshadow Palette in Crème Brûlé” (approximate retail value or “ARV” between $25 and $30 CA), a set of 5 latex prosthetics, and two bottles of special effects blood (approximate retail value or “ARV” between $10 and $20 CA). Prize will be sent to the winner’s mailing address, shipping fees will be paid for by QC Makeup Academy.
- 1 (#) “Treat Category” prize winner will receive one (1) Anastasia Beverly Hills’ “Norvina® Mini Pro Pigment Palette Vol 2” (approximate retail value or “ARV” between $35 and $40 CA), one (1) Violet Voss “Bright Vibes Neon Pressed Pressed Pigments Palette” (approximate retail value or “ARV” between $35 and $45 CA), one (1) a Fenty Beauty “Two Little Mattemoiselles”, (approximate retail value or “ARV” between $15 and $25 CA), and one (1) QC Makeup Academy “Pro Stainless Steel Palette and Spatula” (approximate retail value or “ARV” between $5 and $10 CA.) Prize will be sent to the winner’s mailing address, shipping fees will be paid for by QC Makeup Academy.
- 1 (#) “Treat Category” student prize winner will receive one (1) Fenty Beauty “Killawatt Foil Freestyle Highlighter Palette” (approximate retail value or “ARV” between $25 and $35 CA), and one (1) Museum of Icecream x Sephora Collection “Rainbow Sherbet Lash” (approximate retail value or “ARV” between $10 and $25 CA). Prize will be sent to the winner’s mailing address, shipping fees will be paid for by QC Makeup Academy.
Only one prize will be awarded per category mentioned above. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
5. Online Entry: Enter the contest during the Promotion Period online by uploading your photos through the contest submission form, providing the information required as described on the contest landing page at https://www.qcmakeupacademy.com/halloween-makeup-contest-2020/. Contest entries must have been created within the past three (4) months (August 2020 to October 2020) and have not been submitted to any other makeup contest. Entrants who submit work that has been submitted to any makeup competitions other than “The ‘QC Makeup Academy 2020 Halloween Makeup Contest” will be disqualified without warning.
Automated or robotic entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Entrants who submit work that is suspected of plagiarism will be disqualified without warning. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official time keeper for this Sweepstakes.
7. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification.
In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Contest, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
8. Winner’s List: To obtain a copy of any legally required winners list or a copy of the Official Rules, send the applicable request and a self-addresses, stamped, #10 envelope to QC Makeup Academy cc: 2020 Halloween Makeup Contest at 38 McArthur Ave, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Request must be received no later than 48 hours + 6 MONTHS for the name of the winner and, by the end of the promotion, for a copy of the rules.
9. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by QC Makeup Academy, 38 McArthur Ave, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, [email protected].