Back to School Makeup Tutorial: Natural and Edgy Looks
Summer is coming to an end, which means that school is starting again! Your makeup is a great way to look your best and to express yourself, whether that’s a natural, no-makeup look or a trendy, edgy look.
Watch as MAC makeup artist, Jamie Smith, demonstrates these looks that will stay all day long!
A natural look:
- For staying power, use a primer before applying your makeup
- Conceal any red spots on your face
- Use a light foundation
- Prime your eyes
- Fill and even your brows
- Use neutral tones on your eyes
- Set your foundation with a light powder
- Apply light contouring, highlight, and blush
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara
- For your lips, choose a shade that’s close to your natural color
- Use a setting spray that will make your makeup last all day
An edgy look:
- To transition to a more dramatic look, apply a cat eyeliner
- For even more drama, continue your eyeliner along your crease
- Soften the lines by blending a dark eyeshadow
- Choose a trendy color for your lips
- Consider liquid lipstick for matte, durable lips
We’re curious! Do you prefer a trendy look or a more subtle look for school? Let us know in a comment below!